Search This Blog

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Be A Man!

Read 1Co 16:13 NASB

What is a real man?  Does being a rough and tough guy, who shows no emotions, constitute a real man?  I read about Jesus weeping and say that tough guy act is in correct.  In my opinion, a real man is one who will stand and morals and ethics without wavering, even when the rest fall away and entice him to do the same!  That is what we should be looking for in a real man.
 
Consider the following:
God give us men!  A time like this demands
Strong minds, great hearts, true faith, and ready hands.
Men whom the lust of office does not kill,
Men whom the spoils of office cannot buy,
Men who possess opinions and a will,
Men who have honor, men who will not lie,
Men who stand before a demagogue 
And disprove his treacherous flatteries without winking.
Pure men, sun-crowned, who live above the fog
In public duty and in private thinking.
---J. G. Howland                    
It surely isn't easy being a real man with all the temptations in the world.  The constant battle with the enemy for our souls.  Who do you know who was and is a real man?  I can truly think of one, and it is not me!  Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I have crumbled to peer pressure, he never did1  I sin daily, he never did.  I am exactly what not be or follow.  Jesus called and said "follow me."  He doesn't call the qualified; he qualifies the called!

I daily call fore divine help from my Lord as I strive to be a real man like Jesus.  Do you hear that call today?   "Follow me", Jesus says.  Why not submit to him and be a real man?

The need is greater than ever.  God stands ready to help.  The rewards are tremendous for those real men.  I pray you will follow Jesus and be a real man today!

No comments:

Post a Comment