Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Busy Bees



I heard a person ask George Faull about Rev 21:4 one time.  That person asked, "How will I not cry in Heaven if my family doesn't make it there?"  Mr. Faull's response was something like the fact that he hurt very bad when his grandfather passed away.  A few days later a lot work came his way.  He was so busy working he forgot to and didn't have to sit and dwell on his grandfather, and it really eased the pain.  It's possible we will be so busy in heaven that we will not have to sit and think of loved ones that aren't there. 

I don't know if you agree or disagree with him, but that's not the focus here.  I want to focus on the busy bee part of that story.  Psalms 143 tells us a few things about struggles and God's Word!  I just taught this week on the difference between happiness and blessedness.  Happiness is easily lost because it comes from the world, but blessedness remain as it comes only from the Lord.  I used a "blessed tree and happy chaff" illustration from Ps 1:1-6.  I found out this year I am blessed and not just happy.

Ps 143 tells us that trouble and anguish will find us.  the "overtaken me" part of today's text means has "found me."  Satan will never stop looking and trying to devour us.   
Remember God promises a safe landing not an easy flight!  "Trouble" in our text refers to any kind of affliction and "anguish" refers to being pressed or compressed.  Together they mean deep affliction.  A Christian eventually will find themselves in "deep affliction" at some point in there lives.  Our only chance is if God's Word is our delight.

I mentioned being blessed and not just happy earlier, but if you noticed the "blessed man" meditates on God's law night and day.  God's Word must be the foundation we stand on.  Jesus taught that in Mt 7:24-27.   God's Word is "very pure" and should be a major part of our lives. Ps 119:140  The question is, "What does trouble and affliction finding me have to do with God's Word and what George Faull said?"  Good question!  let me explain.

I have been through some difficult times lately and one thing that has been very apparent is that when I slow down working for the Lord and take time to notice the trouble anguish that is following me THEY CATCH ME!  They catch me when I spend more time focusing on the problem rather than the problem solver.  

The Lord is not willing that any should perish and that's the reason He sent His Son.  Our job is to take that good news to those who do not know it!  The ignorance of others should translate to zeal in Christians.  Ps 119:139  

May the zeal in us keep us as busy bees in spreading the good news of Christ that died for you and I.  May we be busy bees in this mission that we have no time to stop and realize that trouble and anguish are following us.  I know we can do this because greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world. 1Jn 4:4  We can continue to do it when trouble and anguish find us because our foundation (God's Word) says Christ strengthens us.  Phi 4:13 I want you to understand that "do" in this verse would be better translated endure!   We can endure troubles and anguish because Christ strengthens us.  May we all be busy bees!

 WHAT MUST I DO TO BE SAVED?

Hear The Word-  Rom 10:17; Acts 4:4

We Must Believe or Have Faith-  Heb 11:6; Acts 16:31

We Must Repent-  Lk 13:3; Acts 17:30

We Must Confess Christ Before Others-  Mt 10:32; Acts 8:37

We Must Be Immersed Into Christ (Baptized)-  1Pe 3:21; Mk 16:16; Acts 2:38  

We Must Remain Faithful-  Rev 2:10; Acts 14:22 

No comments:

Post a Comment