Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Just Trust Me



I am a firm believer in, "When somebody says trust me, never trust them."   If someone has to verbalize a need for you to put trust in them they obviously know that trust is lacking.  They see that what you are about to say or do is not going to happen and you need reassured.  They reassure you with the saying, "Just trust me."  You know I can remember times when I have said that and then laughed and laughed when they put that trust in me and then they realized it was a set up.  That's not something I am proud of, but I'll bet I'm not the only who has done something like that.

Pr 3:5 says to trust with all your heart.  Man is not someone you can do that with.  Man will let you down, not necessarily an intentional let down, but a let down will happen.  I love my wife dearly.  I love to see her smile.  I, unfortunately, have let her down several times.  When we read the Word of God we see a lot of promises.  God has NEVER failed to fulfill a single promise.

Trust is defined as reliance on the integrity, strength, ability, and surety of a person or thing; confident expectation of something; confidence of certainty of future payment.  When we totally rely on God's strength and ability to do things in our lives that is when the trust begins.  Trust isn't something we discuss and then try to make it happen ourselves.  I know when my wife doesn't rely on my ability to do something by her actions.  Her actions tell me that she doesn't have confidence of future payment on what she asked for.  When she asks me to make sure the house stays clean while she is gone for the week, and then has her sister stop in to make sure it is clean tells me about her trust in me to clean the house.  

Do you live as a person who trusts the Lord?  Do your actions tell God "I trust your ability to supply for me.  I have a confident expectation that you will protect me.  I am certainly confident of you supplying the future payment you promised."  Look at your fruits.  Mt 7:20  Does the fruit you produce in your life say your are trusting in the Lord?

I'm reminded of the story of the old preacher who had a visit from a few members of the congregation where he preached.  The people were welcomed in and they were amazed at the sight of the parsonage.  All that was there was a sleeping bag, pillow, a desk, several books, a small refrigerator, and a microwave.  The members asked, "Preacher, did you just move in here?"  He replied, "No, I've been here a year now."  One man said, "A YEAR?!?!?  It looks like this isn't even your home!"  The preacher said, "This is not my home.  I am an alien here."  The he read to them 1Pe 2:11.   He trusted that the Lord would return and take him home.  Do you live life trusting daily of the Lord's return.  Trusting in his promise of future payment.

Eph 1:13,14 speaks of the Holy Spirit as our seal and a pledge of our inheritance.  The word pledge there means the same as a down payment.  I said in a lesson last week that when we buy a home or vehicle we usually make a down payment.  That down payment is a promise that we will finish payment at a later time.  That is what is meant by the Holy Spirit being the "pledge of our inheritance."  God gives us the Holy Spirit as a down payment of our future inheritance, the resurrection.  Do you trust the Lord to "finish payment" at a later time?  Does your actions say you trust the Lord to do so?   

Today, let go of the lusts of this world.  They are not from the Lord.  1Jn 2:16  Do you trust the Lord will supply your daily bread, forgive your debts as you forgive others, not lead you into temptations, and deliver you from evil?  Mt 6:11-13  I imagine you said yes.  Now I ask, does you actions say yes too?

Today acknowledge the Lord in ALL you do and allow Him to straighten your paths. Pr 3:6


WHAT MUST I DO TO BE SAVED?

Hear The Word-  Rom 10:17; Acts 4:4

We Must Believe or Have Faith-  Heb 11:6; Acts 16:31

We Must Repent-  Lk 13:3; Acts 17:30

We Must Confess Christ Before Others-  Mt 10:32; Acts 8:37

We Must Be Immersed Into Christ (Baptized)-  1Pe 3:21; Mk 16:16; Acts 2:38  

We Must Remain Faithful-  Rev 2:10; Acts 14:22  
            


No comments:

Post a Comment