Search This Blog

Monday, December 26, 2011

A Poem



I read this at Wills Mountain Church of Christ and wanted to share it.

Making God Second Best

I'm always prompt to punch the clock;
     I never miss a date.
But when I go to worship God,
     I'm always late.

I would never dream of missing work, 
     To visit my brother Fred.
I usually just wait until Sunday,
     And forsake the church instead.

I never miss a day at work,
     Perfection is what I seek.
But I miss the worship of my God,
     Once or twice a week.

I talk with people daily,
     Of many subject rife.
But never mention Jesus,
     Nor show Him in my life.

I spend extra on my family,
     For things I can not afford.
But I don't remember ever
     Giving extra to the Lord.

When you life on earth is over
     And they lay you down to rest.
How can He say to you, "Well done"
     If you have made Him second best?

1 comment:

  1. So glad to have you here at Wills Mt. You did a great job yesterday!

    ReplyDelete