Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Show your colors



     I remember one time several years ago my wife and I went a Ravens game in  Baltimore in December.  I was so excited to see that defense go against P. Manning.  In this excitement and preparation for the cold I didn't wear any thing saying I was a Raven fan.  By time we got to the stadium I decided that will change.   When people see me at the game they will know I'm with the Ravens.  Well, the prices at the stadium, and my wife saying, "We are not spending $100 in here" limited what I was going to buy.   All in all, I got a pair of gloves!  My wife says I was being silly, but Cindy Lauper sang a song that said, "I see your true colors shining through" and I wanted those colors to be purple.

     The apostle Paul had the same approach toward sharing the gospel of Christ.  He was ready to preach it everywhere he went.  He was already to share God's plan of salvation which consisted of the death, burial, and resurrection. 1Co 15:1-4
He knew the gospel was the "power of God to salvation to everyone who believes" because Jesus had dramatically changed his life and his direction.  He wanted everyone to know he was with Christ.  He didn't need a pair of gloves to say that because he lived in that manner.  After his conversion he would witness to anybody.  Acts 9:19-31   

       I hope we all we be like the apostle Paul.  I hope we all will preach the three factors of the good news.  The lives we live should tell others we are a follower of Jesus not a shirt, hat, or pair of gloves.  I encourage you to plan to witness to one person daily!  Make it a point to tell someone what Christ has done for them!

     I am reminded of one of the first hymns i learned to play on my harmonica.  The first verse goes like this: There is a Name I love to hear, I love to sing its worth; It sounds like music in my ear, The sweetest Name on earth.  Oh, how I love Jesus, Oh, how I love Jesus, Oh, how I love Jesus, Because He first loved me!


     I pray today you will let your Christian colors shine through and share with others that love Jesus has for you with someone who really needs it!  Share the good news of Christ.  Share the gospel of Christ.  Not because I am asking you, but because it is "the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes."  Let your light shine because even a small light shines bright when it is surrounded by darkness!  Mt 5:16



WHAT MUST I DO TO BE SAVED?

Hear The Word-  Rom 10:17; Acts 4:4

We Must Believe or Have Faith-  Heb 11:6; Acts 16:31

We Must Repent-  Lk 13:3; Acts 17:30

We Must Confess Christ Before Others-  Mt 10:32; Acts 8:37

We Must Be Immersed Into Christ (Baptized)-  1Pe 3:21; Mk 16:16; Acts 2:38  

We Must Remain Faithful-  Rev 2:10; Acts 14:22   


No comments:

Post a Comment